Features you will find in a Northwest trawler:
- A radar mast or arch sized appropriately to accommodate a wide range of electronic antennas and radar arrays
is included with all models.
- Flybridges are spacious and have steering wheel, thruster and engine controls. Optionally, electronics may be
installed. Hardtops or canvas biminis can be fitted.
- Flybridge visibility is outstanding both for running and docking.
- The forward canted windows reduce glare and improve visibility during inclement weather. They are also
less susceptible to damage.
- Models of 48′ and larger have a Portuguese bridge for safety and security while out in open waters.
- Forward bulwarks are high affording safety and protection while working on the foredeck.
- Bow profiles are high with moderate flare. This makes for a dry boat in head seas.
- A robust anchor roller and breast plate protects the bow, even in the roughest of anchorages.
- Twin hawes cleats give you greater options for dock line placement.
- All hulls have a layer of Kevlar in the forward sections for greater safety.
- All models come standard with a bow thruster.
- Semi-displacement hull forms are efficient at displacement speeds but allow faster speeds when desired.
They are also more stable at rest and underway.
- All models have a mid-ship boarding door for easy boarding and safety while docking.
- Side deck heights are at or near floating dock height for added safety while boarding.
- A wide keel allows the engine to sit lower giving the boat a lower center of gravity and thus greater
- The prop tunnel protects the prop and shaft and also allows for a lower shaft angle for greater efficiency.
- Hard chine hull improves stability at rest as well as underway.
- Articulating rudder (optional on some models) gives exceptional maneuvering in close quarters and
tracking in following seas.
- Swim step is integral to the hull which adds waterline length without increasing the overall length of
- Molded in rub rail is integral to hull.
- High bulwarks in cockpit and side decks for safety and security.
- Dinghy davit or boom for tender launch and retrieval.